The Commonwealth Games Organising Committee has denied the charges of financial irregularities in relation to the launch of the Queen's Baton Relay in London last year.
"Organising Committee Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi would like to state that we have followed due diligence in making all payments, getting the clearances from the Executive Board and from Reserve Bank of India for incurring the expenditure in foreign currency. All remittances happened against this clearance," OC spokesperson Lalit Bhanot said in a statement.
The organizing committee also said that it has not received any official communication regarding the alleged irregularities in the launching ceremony of the Baton Relay on October 29.
"We must point out that we have not received any official communication in this regard.
"In response an e-mail from the Organising Committee Commonwealth Games 2010, the High Commission of India in London recommended AM Car & Van Ltd as one of the official vendors for cars. The payments were made as per the High Commission rates," it said.
On the basis of that, a total payment of 238,093.56 Pounds Sterling was made to the company, according to the statement.
"A payment of 146,868.80 pounds was made to AM Films UK Ltd on October 24, 2009 for hiring mobile video screens. This was made after Metropolitan Police insisted that we provide the mobile video screens at the venue of the function.
"The accounts were settled before the Organising Committee Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi left London," it said.
"The allegation that Organising Committee Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi makes payments of 25,000 pounds every month to AM Films UK Ltd is baseless and incorrect," the statement added.
The QBR was launched by Queen Elizabeth at the Buckingham Palace in London, where Indian President Pratibha Patil was also present.