Injured Ferrari driver Felipe Massa left the hospital in Sao Paulo on Tuesday after a series of medical tests ruled out the need for further surgery, his personal physician said.
Massa, who fractured his skull and suffered concussion following an accident during qualifying at last month's Hungarian Grand Prix, underwent the tests after arriving in Brazil from Budapest on Monday.
After leaving hospital, the 28-year-old went directly to his house in Sao Paulo.
"We did new blood exams, repeated brain tomography, brain resonance, he's undergone a ophthalmic exam, and the conclusion is that Felipe has no need of a new surgery right now," physician Dino Altman told reporters.
"The only recommendation for him is for rest at home."
No timetable has been given for Massa's return to Formula One.
Last year's championship runner-up, Massa spent several days in an induced coma and on a respirator after the accident.
Germany's seven-time Formula One world champion Michael Schumacher, who retired in 2006, will replace the Brazilian at Ferrari while he recovers.